Why you should have me as both celebrant & MC!
You’ve thought about your celebrant, but what about your MC? Thinking of getting Aunty Doris to be your MC for the reception? Or your best man/maid of honour?
That’s perfect if they have the knowledge and experience- but if they don’t, here’s 7 reasons why you should choose me as both your celebrant AND MC!
- Public speaking is on many people’s list of greatest fears in life. (fun fact- it has a name, ‘glossophobia‘). Ideally, you want an MC who is confident in the role so you can let your guests relax and not have to stress about hosting your reception.
- There is nothing worse than listening to a host throughout the night who has had one too many cocktails. Let your guests imbibe and be happy. I will not be drinking alcohol!
- I will also not be waving the microphone around randomly, creating feedback, speaking too softly/shouting into the mic, and will not be sitting on the toilet when the cake cutting is due to begin.
- I know how to liaise with the venue staff, photographers, videographers, DJs, speakers, etc and what is important in terms of timing and keeping everything to schedule.
- Your venue will thank you for having a professional MC! So will your photographer, for ensuring they are kept informed of when the important moments are about to happen. Most of all, so will the caterers.
- I can coach your speakers on how and where to stand and mic technique prior, AND part of my MC service is providing a document to all your speakers on how to give a killer speech.
- Having someone to remain calm and troubleshoot if any issues arise (bonus- I’m a former Paramedic in case of medical emergencies!)
Let’s have a chat! Get in touch here.